My Experience on Home Studying During Covid-19 Pandemic

 Here are a few paragraphs about my experience on home studying during Covid-19 pandemic.

Following up on the President's direction, the Ministry of Education and Culture, Nadiem Anwar Makarim, directed all university leaders in areas affected by the Covid-19 outbreak to determine the termination of academic activities such as face-to-face lectures. The Ministry of Education and Culture also ordered universities to immediately take a policy regarding the learning process from home.

The story about home studying or online learning begins on March 16, 2020. At first, I enjoyed online lectures. I just need to turn on the laptop and sit down while listening to an explanation from the lecturer. I don't need to get ready to go to the campus, I only need a stable internet connection. However, when I've been doing it for months, I start to feel tired. Because I have to sit and stare at the screen for hours, it makes my eyes and my back hurts. Other than that, I have to do the pile of assignments from the lecturers. Sometimes my parents keep calling me too because they need my help to do the household chores. So, I need to be able to manage my time between studying, doing household chores, and taking care of myself.

On the other hand, studying at home is not that bad. I can try many activities that I have never tried before, like cooking with new recipe, learn how to makeup, spending more time with family, and many more. So, home studying is not just about school or college.

The atmosphere of studying at home is certainly very different when studying in the classroom. Studying at home becomes more boring because there are no friends to discuss with. Studying in a comfortable place without any distractions while discussing with friends via video conference or maybe listening to music can be a solution to deal with this. As a note, don't ever do online classes on the bed. It makes you sleepy. Usually, I take a shower before I do the online class and then find a comfortable place to study. During home studying, I try not to be lazy. Remember, bed is not a good idea for studying or doing the online class.

As I said before, during the home studying I have to do the pile of assignments from the lecturers. To avoid the pile of assignments which increase every day, I must do the assignment in the day when it was given. So, it won’t be the pile anymore and I don't have to worry about the deadline.

In this pandemic situation, body and mental health is one of the important things. Even though I am busy with online learning, I should keep my body healthy to avoid Covid-19. To keep my body healthy, I do exercise at least once a week on the weekend and don't forget to eat healthy food. To keep my mental health, I enjoy my time without thinking about any courses, assignments, or something else that makes me feel burdened. Sometimes I watch films and dramas or play video games with my sister.


Komentar